Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakatu,
In line with the government’s advice to limit social interaction during the current coronovirus situation, the Trustees of Chingford Islamic Society have taken the decision to suspend the madrassah with immediate effect. Please do not send your children from today until further notice.
In the meantime, we encourage you to start a ‘mini-madrassah’ at home with your children at the normal madrassah times so that their daily routine isn’t disrupted. Below is a guide of how the hour should be spent:
- Quran recitation – 20mins
- Islamic studies – re-reading/learning of books – 20mins
- Memorisation – re-reading and re-learning surahs, duas etc – 20mins
Additionally, please note the following:
- The masjid will only be open for 10mins before each fard salaah and will close 5 minutes after the fard salaah. Musallees will need to pray their sunnah, nawaafil, and witr salaah at home
- To reduce the risk of infection, the wudu area and toilet is now closed until further notice. If you come to pray your fard salaah in jamaah then you will need to come prepared with wudu from home. If your wudu breaks while in the masjid, then you will need to return home to make wudu.
- All musallees are requested to bring their own musalla/towel/sheet on which to pray salaah. The carpets are being professionally steam cleaned today but this isn’t something that we can do every day and so by bringing your own mats we can all help to reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
Finally, please be mindful of the fact that the virus is more serious for the elderly and those who have weakened immune systems. Do all you can to prevent them from leaving their homes, even to attend the masjid for salaah, as they are putting their lives at risk. Islam gives us exemptions for situations like this so they will InshaAllah still receive the same reward by staying at home and praying under these circumstances.
We pray that Allah makes this virus pass quickly and gives us the strength to bear patience in these trying times. Ameen.
Chingford Islamic Society